Taking care of asphalt roads is a necessary part of keeping our roads and streets maintained well to handle the heavy traffic that is a normal part of life. As more and more of us are starting to be mindful of whether or not our choices are good ones for the environment, it might make you wonder whether or not asphalt sealcoating is a wise choice. Andersen Asphalt & Striping is here to talk about the ways that asphalt sealcoating is indeed a wise choice when making choices that are environmentally friendly.
How Does Asphalt & Sealcoating Help the Environment?
Whether it’s the streets you drive on or your own personal property, there are several ways that asphalt sealcoating can be beneficial for the environment. Following are some of the key ways it is an environmentally conscious choice:
– Less Vehicular Pollution: The vehicles that we drive are a huge source of pollution in the world we live in. If you have a driveway that is asphalt, it is important to make sure you sealcoat it. The sealcoating will provide the asphalt protection against any gas or oil leaks that could cause the asphalt to deteriorate quicker. This layer of protection allows you to go much longer before asphalt replacement so that you can help lessen vehicular pollution.
– Protects Materials: There are many natural materials that are used in making asphalt surfaces. These materials include clay, gravel and sand. When you protect the asphalt roads and driveways in your community, it can help lessen the need to use these precious materials. Sealcoating is proven to help protect asphalt and extend its life.
– Sealers Are Environmentally Friendly: Not only will sealcoating help to protect your asphalt, but the sealers used in the sealcoating process are also environmentally friendly. They are odorless, non-burning, durable and fast drying. These contractor grade sealers are usually made from recycled fillers as well. Since the sealers used in sealcoating are environmentally friendly, you are getting as many environmental benefits as possible since you are working to preserve your asphalt surfaces and extend its life.
Other Ways Asphalt Benefits the Environment
If you are trying to choose between concrete and asphalt, there are several environmental reasons why asphalt is superior.
– Recyclable: Asphalt is often recycled and then used in the production of many other materials. Some of these materials might include things like shingles and other construction materials.
– Reusability: The base layers of your asphalt can often be kept in place and reused when you have your asphalt replaced.
Asphalt Parking Lot & Road Pavement Resurfacing, Replacement, Sealcoating & More in Reno, Elko, Henderson, North LV, Paradise, Spring Valley, Sunrise Manor, Las Vegas, NV | State of Nevada
If you have an asphalt surface that is starting to look worn, you can call on Andersen Asphalt & Striping to make it look new again with our sealcoating services. Sealcoating will help extend the life of your asphalt and is an environmentally friendly choice. Call us today!