For a good first impression, your parking lot lays the groundwork, as you may know. Visitors want to see a smooth, well-maintained surface when your customers roll into the lot, as this suggests attention to detail, professionalism, and care. If it’s poorly maintained and is home to cracks, potholes, and faded lines, the condition of your parking lot’s paving can have a detrimental effect on your company’s image. If in the event your parking lot isn’t safe, you could even be held liable, making it an even worse situation. It is important to understand why parking lot paving is important for commercial businesses to avoid negative conclusions that we at Andersen Asphalt & Striping would like to share today.
Importance of Parking Lot Repaving & Other Pavement Services
1) Parking Space & Overall Use is Maximized. The one thing they do have in common is limited space while parking lots come in all shapes and sizes. You can maximize the lot’s usage by clearly marking out parking spot lines by paving your parking lot. Frustration can ensue for both customers and employees who are looking to squeeze into a parking lot full of improperly parked cars since gravel lots do not offer the same delineation in contrast.
2) Boost Safety & Reduce Liability. By allowing you to mark out clear indicators for handicap spots, crosswalks, speed limit signs, and the parking spaces themselves, parking lot paving helps reduce liability and enhance overall safety. Promoting safe navigation for all, the asphalt paving is what allows the paint to stick and clearly mark out these important areas.
3) Prevent Pooling While Improving Drainage. As it improves drainage and prevents water pooling, parking lots paved with asphalt are better able to handle rainwater and snow melting. Since it prevents water from seeping into the foundation and causing damage, and prevents customers from slipping and falling on wet, uneven surfaces, this is critical for your businesses’ physical building. By avoiding potholes, cracks, and erosion, it also helps maintain the integrity of the lot’s surface.
4) Curb Appeal & Property Value Increases. In addition to improving the appearance of your commercial property, parking lot paving also enhances its overall value. To potential lessees, customers, and partners that your business is professional, successful, and dedicated to maintaining its premises, a well-maintained paved lot is necessary.
5) Long-Term Maintenance Costs Get Lowered. It will save you money in the long run, though parking lot paving does have a larger up-front cost. With regular maintenance and resurfacing, parking lot paving can increase the lifespan of your lot by upwards of 15-20 years, ultimately. Paved lots have a longer lifespan and require less day-to-day upkeep in comparison to gravel or dirt lots that require constant maintenance.
6) ADA Compliance Inspections will be Passed. Also, important for ensuring ADA compliance is parking lot paving. To allow for proper marking and easier navigation for individuals with disabilities, the Americans with Disabilities Act sets regulations for handicap parking spots and access routes and paved.
Asphalt Parking Lot & Road Pavement Resurfacing, Replacement & More in Reno, Elko, Henderson, North LV, Paradise, Spring Valley, Sunrise Manor, Las Vegas, NV | State of Nevada
Your commercial property has improved appearance, safety, and functionality with the help of parking lot paving, overall. For the success and longevity of your business, it is an investment worth making. When your parking lot needs maintenance, call Andersen Asphalt & Striping and let us help you!