If you have an asphalt parking lot or driveway, you want to do everything you can to make sure you get as many years as possible out of it. The best way to extend the life of your asphalt is with regular sealcoating. To enjoy the benefits of sealcoating, it needs to be done frequently enough that it offers your asphalt the protection that it needs. Andersen Asphalt & Striping is here to talk about how often you need to have your asphalt driveway or parking lot sealcoated.
How Often Do You Need to Sealcoat Pavement?
There is no cut and dry answer for how often you should have your asphalt driveway or parking lot sealcoated. When it comes to how often you have it sealcoated, there are some factors to consider.
– Quality of Sealer: Just like with anything else, quality matters. The quality of the sealcoat that is used on your asphalt parking lot or driveway will be a determining factor in how often you need to have this done. There are some companies that will use sealers that are watered down and don’t provide the same level of protection for your asphalt. It is important that you’re using a reputable asphalt company for all your sealcoating services to extend the time between sealing.
– Proper Sealcoat Mix: When sealcoat is mixed together, there should be sand, as well as a polymer additive in the mix. Sand is important to add traction for the vehicles that will be driving on the asphalt surface. It also plays a role in how durable the sealcoat is. Make sure you’re specifying that you want sand in your sealcoating.
– Number of Coats Applied: It is vital that there are two coats applied to your asphalt surface when you’re getting it sealcoated. The first coat should be allowed to completely dry before applying that second coat. After the second coat is applied, there should not be able vehicles driving on the asphalt surface for at least 24 hours while the sealer completely cures.
– Amount of Sealer: Not only should the mixture and the quality of the sealer be right, but the amount of the sealer used on the asphalt surface needs to be adequate for proper sealing to take place.
– Traffic: The amount of daily traffic on the asphalt surface is going to play a role in how often it needs to be sealed as well. Areas where vehicles are constantly driving on it will need sealed more often than a price driveway that sees very little traffic throughout the day.
Asphalt Parking Lot & Road Pavement Resurfacing, Replacement & More in Reno, Elko, Henderson, North LV, Paradise, Spring Valley, Sunrise Manor, Las Vegas, NV | State of Nevada
If you have an asphalt surface that is need of sealcoating, you can turn to Andersen Asphalt & Striping to take care of it. Most asphalt surfaces need to be sealed every 2-3 years to keep the asphalt properly protected. When you choose us, you know it will be applied properly with the highest quality materials. Call us today!