When it comes to your business, there are many things on your list to manage. Unfortunately, few consider the parking lot. Most know that cleanliness is essential, but restriping the parking lot every few years is not something that usually comes to mind. However, today, we at Andersen Asphalt & Striping would like to elaborate on why it is critical to repaint the parking lot and to offer suggestions that indicate it is time to repaint it.
Why You Should Maintain Parking Lot Striping
The importance of restriping the parking lots. Parking lot striping isn’t such a big deal, in the grand scheme of things may not seem important to most people. However, the truth is that it plays a major role in the overall performance of your business. Below are just a few reasons as to why you should maintain your parking lot’s striping needs.
1) Make a lasting impression. Since potential customers appreciate an attractive, well-maintained parking lot, first impressions really do matter.
2) Increase parking lot safety. Because there are specific regulations for color, visibility, and parking lot signage functionality, you increase safety as it helps drivers and pedestrians avoid confusion, frustration, and collisions.
3) Keep up with code. Additionally, it is a legal requirement to ensure the safety of your parking lot.
Indicating that all those painted lines deserve a little tender love and care from time to time, parking lot striping can have a significant impact on your business as it turns out.
How Long Should Parking Lot Striping Last?
Understanding the basics helps you better maintain your parking lot. Below are a few standard details every business owner should know about striping.
1) How often is parking lot restriping needed? Knowing when its time to repaint can be challenging. Generally, there are not set rules though there are some basic red flags that point to you needing a restriping. They include noticing poor parking jobs due to driver having trouble seeing the lines. Handicapped spots are being inappropriately utilized, indicating that the specialized markings are not being clearly seen by visiting drivers. Finally, the overall appearance is looking shabby, making this the easiest way to notice that it is time for a little maintenance.
2) Parking lot striping cost. You need to consider a few things below to get a general idea of how much a repainting job will cost.
– The parking lot’s size
– The parking lot’s age
– The type and details required for the job.
A parking lot with just a few spaces wouldn’t take too long to paint, for instance, but on the other hand, a large parking lot that has just been repaved would need brand-new lines and signage throughout.
3) How is a parking lot striped? You will need to arrange alternative parking options and clean the lot before your paving company begins the painting process. From there, the technicians rope off the area and use a line striping machine to paint lines onto the asphalt. The finishing touches will be added, including colors and markings that meet legal requirements for parking lot safety.