Within a few hours, you can restore the faded, dreary asphalt pavement surface like new. Sealcoating asphalt can provide a number of benefits that we at Andersen Asphalt & Striping would like to share these advantages today.
What is Asphalt Sealcoating?
UV rays, rain, and snow, as well as leaking fluids from vehicles and use can be better protected by sealcoating, which is a thin liquid layer of slurry seal coat sprayed over a paved surface. Though sealcoating won’t cure existing problems, such as cracks, it will help prevent such damage from forming in the first place. Properly applying a sealcoat is essential to extending the life of asphalt paving, aside from keeping out damaging elements.
Benefits of Sealcoating Asphalt
Below are a few examples of the benefits of sealcoating asphalt.
1) By filling surface damage and providing a protective layer to prevent damaging UV rays, vehicle fluids, and water from the damage it can do, sealcoating protects and prolongs the life expectancy of asphalt pavement.
2) As sealcoating is a dark black color, it absorbs heat from the sun which increases pavement pliability, helping it to withstand traffic without cracking.
3) You can save you money in the long run with the low cost of regular sealcoating. With the reduction of long-term repair costs, a properly maintained and sealed asphalt surface has an extended lifespan.
4) Asphalt pavement over time becomes faded in appearance from exposure to the elements. Restoring it to look and wear like new, a fresh sealcoat application enhances the appearance of asphalt.
5) On pavement surfaces, sealcoating accelerates the melting process of snow and ice. Sealcoating also helps protect against water penetration, rain, frost and snow damage.
6) Sealcoating is generally a one day process. The asphalt surface should be cleared of all dirt and debris prior to pavement sealing. Minor repairs, such as potholes and cracks, should be filled and vehicle fluids such as motor oil, should be properly removed prior to pavement sealing. The air and pavement temperature is recommended to be at least 55 degrees Fahrenheit for the duration of the application and for eight hours following the application to correctly complete the sealcoating process.
Sealcoat or Repave?
Many consumers may have questions whether their surfaces should be repaved with asphalt or if sealcoating services is right for them. There is no simple answer to this question since there are many factors to consider. You might consider a sealcoating application if you want to keep your asphalt surface smooth, functional, and attractive. Should the asphalt have severe cracks and other damage, you are likely going to need a repaving.
Asphalt Pavement Installation, Repair, Maintenance Services & More in Reno, Elko, Henderson, North LV, Paradise, Spring Valley, Sunrise Manor, Las Vegas, NV | State of Nevada
No matter if you are looking to sealcoat the asphalt or simply looking to have the asphalt repaved or another related service, you can rely on the qualified experts of Andersen Asphalt & Striping to get the job done. We assist customers in the State of Nevada.